O-1 nonimmigrant visa is for the individual who possesses great ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or sport, or who has a demonstrated record of great achievement in the motion picture or television industry and has been recognized nationally or internationally for those achievements.
O-2 visa is designed for individuals who will accompany an O-1, artist or athlete, to assist in a specific event or performance.
O-3 visa is for individuals who are the spouse or children of O-1’s & O-2’s.
The P Visa applies to you if you are coming temporarily to perform as an artist or entertainer, as part of a group.
“Rozalin is one of the best immigration lawyer in the country! She came highly recommended to me by several other immigrant friends of mine. I did my on research and personally met at least 5-6 immigration lawyers and finally decided to go with Rozalin. She has a great knowledge of the system and what works and what doesn't work. She gave me several advice of how to make my case stronger. I tried to work on all of them and the result is a successful petition! I recommend her to all my friends and will keep doing the same. If you go with her, you will not regret!”Koushik C.Los Angeles, CA
“Elite Immigration is by far the BEST Immigration & Visa service I have ever received in all my travels around the world. Rozalin is a STAR attorney in my eyes. She has helped me acquire the right Visa at the right time.... saving me Time and enabling me to get the opportunities I worked so hard for. I first got my coveted O1 visa and later she smoothly transitioned me to Green Card. She is professional, pleasant and very sharp when it comes to getting the job done. I feel really BLESSED that she handled my case. I would recommend Elite Immigrations to everyone who wants to save time and get on with their business. Thank you for YOU Rozalin. Forever grateful!”Elisha K.Los Angeles, CA
“I simply cannot say enough great things about Rozalin, she is absolutely the best there is!! I got my O-1 visa approved in no time thanks to her and I am now able to pursue my career as a film producer in Los Angeles. I have many friends from film school who went with different immigration attorneys and did not get their O-1 visas approved. Go with Rozalin, you will not regret it!”Alon J.Los Angeles, CA
“I've been working with Rozalin for the last three months for my o1 artist visa. Before working with her, I had been given high recommendations to work with her from friends who had approved visas. Before we started working on my case, she sent me ten documents to get my case started, very different to most lawyers who charge a fee for a consultation appointment. She outlined the process clearly. Rozalin always responded to my questions and my case in a punctual manner, literally sometimes within 5 minutes of sending an email she would have a reply. After submitting the visa and expecting to wait four months from immigration, I get an approval after two weeks. I highly recommend Rozalin, and have already been referring her to my friends. SHE IS THE BEST AT WHAT SHE DOES!”Jamie-Lee D.Brooklyn, NY
Who is eligible to apply for an O-1B visa?
Individuals with an extraordinary ability in the arts or extraordinary achievement in motion picture or television industry can apply for a O-1B visa. To qualify for an O-1 visa in the motion picture or television industry, the beneficiary must demonstrate extraordinary achievement evidenced by a degree of skill and recognition significantly above that ordinarily encountered to the extent the person is recognized as outstanding, notable or leading in the motion picture and/or television field.
Who is eligible to apply for an O-1A visa?
Individuals with an extraordinary ability in the sciences, education, business, or athletics can apply for an O-1A visa. Extraordinary ability in the fields of science, education, business or athletics means a level of expertise indicating that the person is one of the small percentages who has risen to the very top of the field of endeavor.
Can my spouse and children come to the US with me on an O-1 visa?
Individuals who are the spouse or children of O-1’s and O-2’s can apply for an O-3 visa to accompany their spouse and parents. However, they will not be able to work in the US.
What is the maximum time I can stay in the US with an O-1 visa?
As an O nonimmigrant, the beneficiary may be admitted to the United States for the validity period of the petition, up to a maximum of three years, plus a period of up to 10 days before the validity period begins and 10 days after the validity period ends.
What are the 6 categories of O-1B visa?
To be qualified for an O-1 visa, the applicant must prove at least 3 out of the following 6 categories:
- evidence that the applicant has performed, and will perform, services as a lead or starring participant in productions or events that have a distinguished reputation as evidenced by critical reviews, advertisements, publicity releases, publication contracts, or endorsements
- evidence that the applicant has achieved national or international recognition for achievements evidenced by critical reviews or other published materials by or about the person in major newspapers, trade journals, magazines, or other publications
- evidence that the applicant has performed, and will perform, in a lead, starring, or critical role for organizations and establishments that have a distinguished reputation, as evidenced by articles in newspapers, trade journals, publications, or testimonials
- evidence that the applicant has a record of major commercial or critically acclaimed successes (as evidenced by title, rating, standing in the field, box office receipts, motion pictures, or television ratings) and other occupational achievements reported in trade journals, major newspapers, or other publications
- evidence that the applicant has received significant recognition for achievements from organizations, critics, government agencies or other recognized experts in the field. Such testimonials must be in a form that clearly indicates the author’s authority, expertise, and knowledge of the applicant’s achievements, and
- evidence that the applicant has either commanded a high salary or will command a high salary or other substantial remuneration for services, as compared to others in the field, as shown by contracts or other reliable evidence.
You're Interested in an O-1 Visa: What's Next?
Please call or email us to schedule a free consultation. We will be happy to walk you through the process and review your documents and determine if you are qualified for an O-1 visa.
Do I need a visa sponsor/petitioner to apply for an O-1 visa?
Yes, you need an US visa sponsor/petitioner to apply for an O-1 visa. A copy of any written contract between the petitioner and the beneficiary is required.
Do I need to obtain a consultation letter?
Yes, you need to obtain a written advisory opinion from a peer group (including labor organizations). If the O-1 petition is for an individual with extraordinary achievement in motion picture or television, the consultation must come from an appropriate labor union and a management organization with expertise in the beneficiary’s area of ability. We will prepare a package on your behalf and submit it to the appropriate unions.